Recipes for homemade rabbit treats
There are several recipes for homemade rabbit treats. I do not make my own rabbit treats but here is a list of resources I have found if you want to give it a shot.
Homemade Rabbit Treats Recipe
- A little less than 1/2 Cup pellets (I would use alfalfa pellets since these are treats)
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- One Ripe Banana
- 1/2 of a carrot or 5 baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush or grind pellets into a powder.
- Grind oats into a powder and mix in crushed pellets.
- Peel and mash up banana.
- Puree the carrot and add to mashed banana. Mix well.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well and allow mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a small amount of water to get a workable consistency if needed. mix well.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spread out mixture on pan. Press down mixture and cut out shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and allow the treats to stay in the oven for 2 hours then remove.
- Cool and serve.
If you would like a recommendation for a quality store bought rabbit treat check out this post.